WHAT IS OS IN LAPTOPS?
- Operating System lies in the category of system software. It basically manages all the resources of the computer.
- An operating system acts as an interface between the software and different parts of the computer or the computer hardware.
- The operating system is designed in such a way that it can manage the overall resources and operations of the computer.
- It controls and monitors the execution of all other programs that reside in the computer, which also includes application programs and other system software of the computer.
CHARACTERISTICS OF OS:
- Device Management
- File Management
- Error-detecting Aids
- Memory and Processor Management
- Job Accounting
- Control on System Performance
TYPES OF OS:
- Batch Operating System
- Time-sharing Operating System
- Distributed Operating System
- Network Operating System
- Real-time Operating System
- Multiprocessing Operating System